- You should clean your teeth in front of the mirror after each meal, using special brushes as well as interdental brushes.
- During treatment time you should avoid eating nuts, sunflower seeds, popcorn, as they may damage the appliance.
- You shouldn’t bite hard fruit and vegetables, for example carrot, apples and pears, but cut them into small bites instead. The same is also true about tough meat and all other products you may need to bite off. It is recommended that you always use a small jack-knife on hard foods before eating them.
- During treatment time you should avoid foodstuffs that tend to stick to teeth: halva, toffee and the like, as they are difficult to clean teeth from and may cause breakdown of braces.
- You should not finish your meal with sweets or eat sweets and suck lollipops in the time between meals. You are strongly encouraged to avoid eating sweets before going to bed, as secretion of saliva is considerably reduced at night and self-cleaning of oral cavity is lower, which contributes to teeth decay.
- You should avoid extremely cold and hot foods, as temperature difference can make braces come unstuck and influences adversely properties of orthodontic archwires.
- When aesthetic braces are chosen for treatment, in order to avoid colouring of the appliance you should avoid drinking strong coffee and tea as well as eating currant jam etc.
- You should not worry if during the first 3-7 days after placement of braces, feeling of discomfort or pain occur, or even if mucous membrane of cheeks and lips are affected. To make it easier for patients to get comfortably adjusted to their braces, they are covered with special wax during the earliest treatment stage.
- If the appliance comes unstuck, you should keep it and get an appointment with your dentist directly. The same should be done if the orthodontic band becomes displaced.
Or call 948-7677 to know more of our services.